LVRT Special Use Permits

The Lamoille Valley Rail Trail is a great place for events of all types. Whether it is a 5K, bike-a-thon, or fireworks display, all events need to obtain a no-cost Special Use Permit. The SUP is an agreement between, you, VAST (the manager of the LVRT) and the Vermont Agency of Transportation (the owner of the rail line). The permit is a way for us to make sure that we know when an event is being held on the trail and to make sure it doesn't over lap with other events or maintenance activities.

How do I get a Special Use Permit?

Download a copy of the LVRT SUP Application, fill it out completely, and submit it to ken@vtvast.org. Once received, it will be reviewed and when approved, a permit will be issued. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have regarding the permit process.
Share by: